PlanAdapt is looking for an experienced, passionate, and creative
PlanAdapt is a global network-based organisation with a Coordination Hub in Berlin. We provide knowledge services in support of effective, economically just and socially inclusive climate change adaptation (CCA) and climate risk management (CRM) around the world. PlanAdapt’s team approaches complex challenges through transdisciplinary mixed methods and engagement of doers and thinkers across the spheres of science, policy, and practice. Our advisors and researchers are specialised in methods and processes to bridge the adaptation science-action gap.
PlanAdapt’s mission is to design and offer effective ways to build skills, competencies, and knowledge to adapt to climate change in the Global South. Read more about PlanAdapt here: www.plan-adapt.org
The role is located in Berlin and is optionally part-time or full-time (preferably 60 to 80%). We are happy to shape the job conditions to suit the needs of both you and PlanAdapt. The incumbent will report to PlanAdapt’s Managing Director.
Role and responsibilities:
- Supporting the PlanAdapt Management Team in the full breadth of financial tasks, such as:
- Bookkeeping (accounts receivable and accounts payable, acting as the interface with tax consultants, legal advisors etc.)
- Management of grants by international donors, foundations etc.
- Selection, establishment, and maintenance of project management & finance system
- Supporting PlanAdapt’s key thematic specialists in developing proposals, bids, and pitches as well as strategic institutional partnerships with other international actors/ organisations
- Developing processes and procedures to manage administrative matters in relation to PlanAdapt’s finances and human resources
- Establishing organisational process flows and procedures, with a specific focus on the administrative aspects of PlanAdapt’s IT systems (e.g. management of access rights, archiving procedures)
- Supporting HR operations:
- Contract management
- Establishment and maintenance of human resource management system (including the integration of time management system)
- 3-5 years’ experience working in finance, including skills and experience in bookkeeping and project controlling
- Knowledge of legal provisions in particular in relation to contracts, partnership agreements, GDPR, HR etc.
- Strong interest and preferably previous experience in project management and administration
- Passion, ability, and creativity to develop and establish new and effective systems, processes, and procedures
- Strong team spirit and passion to establish a young and dynamic organisation in the landscape of climate institutions that help building skills, competencies, and capacities in the Global South
- Previous experience working in a non-profit is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or similar advanced degree in relevant disciplines
- Fluency in German (minimum B2/C1) and English (minimum B2/C1)
- Experience in creating and managing effective financial processes and procedures in small to medium-sized organisations/ companies/ non-profits
- Excellent attention to detail, highly entrepreneurial, creative, and collaborative
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills to formulate and articulate contractual, technical, financial and value points with partners and internal PlanAdapt teams.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, and diversity with a sensitivity to cultural differences as well as the commitment to equal opportunities
- Passion for PlanAdapt’s services and mission
To apply, interested persons should send an email, indicating the job title in the subject line, with the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Motivation letter
- Up-to-date CV
- Indication of (a) your availability, (b) salary expectations and (c) your preferred time arrangements (i.e. part- or full-time, ideally preferred percentage)
Please be aware, that we will only contact candidates that are selected for the next stage of the recruitment process.