PlanAdapt Shares Experiences in the Area of Adaptation Decision-Making Support Tools in Project Design Course for the Green Climate Fund
PlanAdapt shares its practical experiences in facilitating the application of economic and non-economic decision-making support tools in the ICREP course jointly offered by the University of Twente, E Co. and UNEP DTU. The international course focuses on formulating Green Climate Fund (GCF) project proposals for low carbon, climate-resilient development.
PlanAdapt’s experiences with the identification, appraisal and prioritisation of adaptation measures from around the world (e.g. in Thailand, Cambodia, Caribbean Region) will be aligned to the course’s components on adaptation, namely:
- how to develop a climate rationale;
- adaptation logic models;
- baseline and measurement indicators;
- risk analysis.
The aim of the course is to develop participants’ skills in preparing proposals for low carbon and climate resilient projects so that they can mobilise climate finance, particularly from the Green Climate Fund, and catalyse the deployment of climate change solutions in developing countries.
After completion of this introductory course participants will have gained knowledge and experience related to:
- Climate finance landscape and international policies concerning climate change mitigation and adaptation;
- GCF funding options and operating modalities to support low carbon climate resilient development;
- Identifying project opportunities for low carbon climate resilient development;
- Developing implementation strategies;
- Writing bankable and fundable proposals.