PlanAdapt is looking for an experienced, passionate and creative
Research Analyst – Climate Risk Management and Climate Change Adaptation
PlanAdapt is a global network-based organisation with a coordination hub in Berlin, Germany. We provide knowledge services in support of effective, economically just and socially inclusive climate change adaptation (CCA) and climate risk management (CRM) around the world. PlanAdapt’s team approaches complex challenges through transdisciplinary mixed methods and engagement of doers and thinkers across the spheres of science, policy and practice. Our advisors and researchers are specialised in methods and processes to bridge the adaptation science-action gap.
PlanAdapt’s mission is to design and offer effective ways to build skills, competencies and knowledge to adapt to climate change in the Global South. Read more about PlanAdapt here: www.plan-adapt.org
The role is preferably located in Berlin, at least initially, and is optionally part-time or full-time. We are happy to shape the job conditions to suit the needs of both, yourself and PlanAdapt. The salary is in line with the seniority of the appointment. We particularly welcome applications from women and the Global South, as PlanAdapt’s impact is focused on the Global South. The incumbent will report to PlanAdapt’s Managing Director.
Role and responsibilities:
- Support PlanAdapt’s Management and Key Thematic Specialists to fulfil our mission, further build the vision and help to shape operational procedures
- Support research activities and writing of research outputs including the development of methods, concepts and approaches in view of effective, economically just and socially inclusive CRM and CCA
- Project-manage research or advisory service processes, in collaboration with PlanAdapt’s researchers and advisors. That can potentially comprise administrative tasks, drafting of research proposals, organizing research-related events from seminars to international conferences, and contributing to communications and outreach initiatives.
- Preparation of project documents and proposals for submission to potential donors and funders
- Support the development of internal knowledge management systems
- Proven track record in project management
- Limited experience in the application of and/ or knowledge in methods, concepts and approaches in at least 2 of the below areas that concern climate risk management and climate change adaptation:
- Framing the Decision Context, Engaging Stakeholders
- Assessing, Valuating and Making Sense of Climate Risk
- Identifying Adaptation Options, Shaping Planning and Business Processes
- Monitoring, Evaluating and Learning From Adaptation Action
- Communicating Solutions, Brokering Knowledge, Bridging between Theory and Practice
- Researching New Frontiers for Effective Implementation
- Training, Building Capacity, Shaping Mindsets
- Assessing Financing Options and Mobilising Resources
- Designing and Delivering Impactful Climate Services
- Passion, ability and creativity to develop methods, concepts and approaches in view of effective, economically just and socially inclusive CRM and CCA
- Strong team spirit and passion to establish a new, dynamic organisation on the landscape of climate institutions that helps build skills, competencies and capacities
- Bachelor’s degree or similar degree in relevant disciplines
- Desirable: work experience in countries in the Global South or work-related exposure
- Experience in project management, ideally in a research environment
- An aptitude for improving systems and processes
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities
- Excellent attention to detail, highly entrepreneurial, creative and collaborative, and passion for PlanAdapt’s services and mission
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills to formulate and articulate contractual, technical, financial and value points with partners and internal PlanAdapt teams.
To apply, interested persons should send an email, indicating the job title in the subject line, with the following documents to email@example.com:
- Motivation letter
- Updated CV
- Indication of your availability and salary expectations
Please be aware, that we will contact only candidates that are selected for the next stage of the recruitment process.
Please find the downloadable version here.