PlanAdapt is looking for an experienced, passionate and entrepreneurial
Office Manager (Admin, Finance, HR)
PlanAdapt is a global network-based organisation with a coordination hub in Berlin, Germany. We provide knowledge services in support of effective, economically just and socially inclusive climate change adaptation (CCA) and climate risk management (CRM) around the world. PlanAdapt’s team approaches complex challenges through transdisciplinary mixed methods and engagement of doers and thinkers across the spheres of science, policy and practice. Our advisors and researchers are specialised in methods and processes to bridge the adaptation science-action gap.
PlanAdapt’s mission is to design and offer effective ways to build skills, competencies and knowledge to adapt to climate change in the Global South. Read more about PlanAdapt here: www.plan-adapt.org
The role is preferably located in Berlin, at least initially, and is optionally part-time or full-time. We are happy to shape the job conditions to suit the needs of both, yourself and PlanAdapt. The salary is in line with the seniority of the appointment. We particularly welcome applications from women and the Global South, as PlanAdapt’s impact is focused on the Global South. The incumbent will report to PlanAdapt’s Managing Director.
Role and responsibilities:
- Develop processes and procedures to manage administrative matters in relation to PlanAdapt’s finances and human resources
- Support the PlanAdapt management team in the full breadth of administrative tasks to be performed, such as:
- Finance and accounting (accounts receivable and accounts payable, acting as the interface with tax consultants, legal advisors etc.)
- Contract management
- Management of grants by international donors, foundations etc.
- Establishment and maintenance of human resource management system
- Selection, establishment and maintenance of project management system
- Establishment of organizational process flows and procedures
- Travel management
- Support PlanAdapt’s Business and Opportunity Developer and PlanAdapt’s key thematic specialists in developing proposals, bids and pitches as well as strategic institutional partnerships with other international actors/ organisations
- Experience in managing administrative matters in relation to finances and human resources
- Passion, ability and creativity to develop and establish new and effective systems, processes and procedures
- Strong team spirit and passion to establish a new, dynamic organization in the landscape of climate institutions that helps build skills, competencies and capacities in the Global South
- Bachelor’s degree or similar advanced degree in relevant disciplines
- Experience in creating and managing effective administrative processes and procedures in small to medium-sized organisations/ companies
- Fluency in German
- An aptitude for improving systems and processes
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, and diversity for all aspects of development work
- Excellent attention to detail, highly entrepreneurial, creative and collaborative, and passion for PlanAdapt’s services and mission
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills to formulate and articulate contractual, technical, financial and value points with partners and internal PlanAdapt teams.
To apply, interested persons should send an email, indicating the job title in the subject line, with the following documents to email@example.com:
- Motivation letter
- Updated CV
- Indication of your availability and salary expectations
Please be aware, that we will contact only candidates that are selected for the next stage of the recruitment process.
Please find the downloadable PDF version here.