PlanAdapt is looking for a passionate, creative and curious
Intern – Research, Collaboration & Innovation (Climate Risk Management, Climate Adaptation)
PlanAdapt is a global network-based organisation with a decentralised coordination hub. We provide knowledge services in support of effective, economically just and socially inclusive climate change adaptation (CCA) and climate risk management (CRM) around the world. PlanAdapt’s team approaches complex challenges through transdisciplinary mixed methods and engagement of doers and thinkers across the spheres of science, policy and practice. Our advisors and researchers are specialised in methods and processes to bridge the adaptation science-action gap.
PlanAdapt’s mission is to work with and for people that struggle with the impacts of climate change and climate injustice, particularly in the Global South. Read more about PlanAdapt here: www.plan-adapt.org
We are seeking:
A passionate, curious and motivated intern to support the activities of our Coordination Hub across the following areas:
- Supporting research activities, including literature reviews, writing and editing of research outputs, development of methods, concepts and approaches in view of effective, economically just and socially inclusive CRM and CCA.
- Supporting PlanAdapt’s Climate Co-Adaptation Lab by facilitating collaboration and innovation formats, including the support to ad-hoc working groups as well as the screening of funding opportunities.
- experience in working on an international level with globally diverse colleagues in a vibrant, multi-cultural and international work environment, ideally in our office in Berlin;
- exposure to cutting-edge projects and activities in research and knowledge services related to climate change adaptation and climate risk management, particularly in the Global South;
- value-based learning opportunities in a new and growing international organisation;
- an excellent opportunity to build skills and knowledge in the areas of climate change adaptation and climate risk management;
- a networking opportunity to make new acquaintances and new connections with colleagues from around the world;
- experience working in a supportive and collaborative environment, either remotely or in the PlanAdapt office in the centre of Berlin.
We are looking for candidates:
- that have an interest in and initial experience and knowledge of a few quantitative and/ or qualitative research methods or software;
- an initial overview of the funding landscape for research, training and advisory services in the area of CRM and CCA;
- that have completed at least the first half of their Master’s degree related to topics such as climate change, environmental management, sustainability, good governance, public policy or similar;
- with passion, ability and creativity to contribute ideas to the various projects and fields of research in a young and dynamic organisation;
- with a strong team spirit and desire to work in a new organisation in the landscape of climate institutions that helps to build essential skills, competencies and capacities in the Global South;
- with advanced English language skills, German language skills are an asset but not mandatory.
Additional desired basic qualifications:
- Passion for PlanAdapt’s services and mission;
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/ gender mainstreaming, and diversity for all aspects of development work with sensitivity to cultural differences and commitment to equal opportunities;
- Excellent attention to detail, creative and collaborative spirit
Conditions and Terms:
Closing date: applications will be processed upon receipt
Duration: flexible, with a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 6 months
Location: remote and virtual
Terms: (a) full-time mandatory internship as part of your study programme (ideally MSc level), (b) part-time internship (not necessarily related to a study programme), min. 24 hours/ week (preferably more). Payment up to 450 Euro/ month for full-time (or equivalent for part-time).
To apply, interested persons should send an email, indicating the job title in the subject line, with the following documents to email@example.com:
- Motivation letter
- Updated CV
- Indication of your availability
Please be aware, that we will contact only candidates that are selected for the next stage of the recruitment process.
Learn also more about insights and experiences of previous Interns.