Knowledge Brokering and Research-Into-Use Methods
PlanAdapt employs methods and collaborates with others to overcome barriers that prohibit the best use of climate-related science and knowledge in decision-making. This process is often called ‘knowledge brokering’ or the provision of ‘climate services’. In this view, PlanAdapt offers diverse services that are well embedded in wider processes spanning the following inter-related activities:
- capacity building of both researchers and research users;
- stakeholder engagement that is long term, sustained, needs focussed and strategic;
- the generation of credible, relevant and contextualised evidence, often through knowledge co-production with potential users of the research;
- building strategic partnerships with practitioners;
- research communication that is targeted, accessible and appropriate in form.