How Does the PlanAdapt Marketplace Work?
The Marketplace process unites the ambition to collectively earn, learn and grow by offering two tracks – track A (jointly pursuing work opportunities) and track B (jointly developing and advancing research and innovation). While the two tracks are separate, they are mutually supportive and enable Marketplace Fellows with advisor and consultant skills (more inclined to track A) and Fellows with research skills (more inclined to track B) to collaborate and learn with and from each other.
What does the PlanAdapt Coordination Hub do to support you as a PlanAdapt Marketplace Fellow:
- We provide the PlanAdapt platform as an administrative and legal framework to apply for funding;
- We prepare and service regular weekly Marketplace meetings of the active PlanAdapt Marketplace fellows, i.e. on a continuous basis, we manage and maintain the Marketplace Opportunity Database (MOD) and provide IT and communication platforms;
- We support the smooth collaboration of Ad-Hoc Working Groups, including support calls with WG leads;
- We offer to link the outcomes of concept development-focused Ad-Hoc WGs (as part of track B) to PlanAdapt’s institutional fundraising efforts;
- We offer access to PlanAdapt’s knowledge systems (including a publication database with many hundreds selected recent publications on relevant topics).
How does the Marketplace work in detail and how would you be involved:
- You express your interest in actively engaging for an agreed period of time (a minimum of 2 months is recommended).
- You contribute to the updates of the Marketplace Opportunity Database by sharing (track A) promising funding opportunities (tenders, calls for proposals etc.) and (track B) initial ideas for innovative concepts, approaches or methodologies in the thematic areas of interest (see also our vision, our expertise and methods and our blogs)
- You screen the Marketplace Opportunity Database in view of (track A) a funding opportunity that attracts your interest and/or (track B) prepare a pitch for a research idea, a concept, an approach or a methodology to be advanced.
- You have the opportunity to prepare a 5 to 10 minutes pitch in advance of the weekly Marketplace meeting and present it to other Fellows during the meeting in view of (track A) promising funding opportunities (tenders, calls for proposals etc.) and/ or (track B) initial ideas for innovative concepts, approaches or methodologies in a specific thematic area of interest.
- Subsequently, you can form and join ad-hoc international, transdisciplinary virtual working groups to (track A) prepare a bid or a proposal together with 1 to 3 other colleagues or (track B) develop a concept note, a publication or similar outputs to advance an idea, a concept or a methodology in small ad-hoc working groups
- If the respective PlanAdapt proposal, bid or concept note receives funding, you will be hired as project staff or freelance consultant, as you prefer, to implement the proposed activities.